Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Friday 9 July 2010

Going to Mass with a 3 Year Old


I went, with my 3 year old son to a weekday Mass in my local Parish last week. As the moment of Consecration approached I quietly insisted that my son kneel properly, he was not happy with this. I said very quietly,”everyone else is kneeling”, he pointed towards the Altar and said, “They aren’t!” He has only just turned 3! We had a long talk on the way home about the Priesthood.


One of the bidding prayers also made me smile, ‘Let us pray for those who make our laws and those who execute them.’ But it also reminded me of how wise the Church is in forbidding Priests from opening up these prayers to the floor!

2 comments:

Final Conflict said...

reminds one of Hilaire Belloc's poem for the funeral of the dead politician...

Ecumenical Diablogger said...

Yes indeed, see my post of 11th May, http://ecumenicaldiablog.blogspot.com/2010/05/hung-parliament.html