Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Tuesday 18 May 2010

An Introduction


I have just noticed that new bloggers seem to start with their reasons for blogging. I did not: Firstly, GK Chesterton once said something about every man needing his own newspaper, like every man needs a swimming pool; both for swimming about in no doubt, so I have a blog!

And secondly, I have a blog so that I can engage in ecumenical dialogue a la Belloc, who, at their first meeting told Maurice Baring (a non-Catholic son of one of Europe's most celebrated banking houses) that he would certainly go to hell. Twelve years later and Maurice entered the One True Church. Success!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Swimming is very good for the figure. I am sure GKC must have done a lot of it. And Belloc. And yourself?
At any rate, it is good that you do get to have a regular swim in your own blog. I heartily approve!

Mulier Fortis said...

Excellent - welcome to the blogosphere!