The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue
"Oh PLEASE say I'm the Archbishop of Canterbury!"

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

English FA, Knock England Out of World Cup!


Just a few days ago I blogged about the English Football Team Helping to End Abortion Then on Sunday morning I read in The Catholic Times that the Football Association had stopped Wayne Rooney answering questions about his Faith, Germany 4 England 1. Mr Rooney, a Catholic was asked about his Faith after he was seen wearing a Rosary while training. 'I've been wearing them for about four years now and you don't usually watch training (to see them). I obviously can't wear them in games. It's my religion.'

Mark Whittle, the FA's head of media relations, then interrupted Mr Rooney saying, 'We don't do religion.' Germany 4 England 1. In point of fact Whittle, Mr Rooney does do religion, he is a Catholic, so a bit less of the Royal 'we', Germany 4 England 1, from you would be a good start! Even if you do not believe in God, Whittle, telling one of your players that they cannot talk about the most important thing in their lives is hardly a great way to motivate them, Germany 4 England 1.

2 comments:

Fat Boy said...

And how did Wales do in the world cup?

Ecumenical Diablogger said...

As always we failed to qualify, but as Wales is a fairly anti-Catholic Country I'm used to that.:)